Issue Date: July 08, 2019
Closing Date: July 22, 2019
Disability Rights Advocacy Center (DRAC), is looking for a committed and dynamic individual to take up the position of Driver.
Job Description / Administration:
* The driver will provide safe, transport services for DRAC programs and support staff
* Operate DRAC vehicles as assigned by the Admin Officer
* Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with DRAC policies/regulations
* Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to Admin department
* Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by the Federal Road Safety Corps and DRAC safety manual
* Adhere to all DRAC policies and procedures as outlined in DRAC policies and procedure manuals
* Ensure the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, spares etc
* Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times
* Cooperate and be of assistance to staff whenever necessary
* The driver MUST adhere to all traffic rules, DRAC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the DRAC Operations Department while also supporting the admin function, including assisting in travel and taxi bookings and coordination.
* Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to operations manager on a regular basis
* First School Leaving Certificate.
* Valid driver’s license
* At least 3 years’ experience driving in Abuja and its neighbouring environs
* Must have high sense of responsibility and confidentiality
* Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules.
* Understanding of written and spoken English is required.
* Basic Motor Vehicle Mechanic course required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday 22nd July 2019 by 11:59pm. The email subject line must clearly show the job title. Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.